Bank of England Reports Published in January 2023
Latest results from the Decision Maker Panel survey – 2022 Q4 – Read the report
The Decision Maker Panel (DMP) is a survey of Chief Financial Officers from small, medium and large UK businesses.
UK International Reserves – January 2023 – Read the report
The Bank of England manages the UK’s official reserves on behalf of the Government.
PRA Regulatory Digest – January 2023 – Read the report
The PRA Regulatory Digest is for people working in the UK financial services industry and highlights key regulatory news and publications delivered for the month.
Cost of living: Row over who should police energy prepayment switches
From: The BBC
Disagreements over who should primarily tackle the issues of forced prepayment meter switches have emerged in front of a committee of MPs.
Strict rules apply that prevent energy suppliers moving an at-risk customer onto a prepayment meter if they are struggling to pay.
GBP/USD Retreats as the Fed and BoE Hog the Limelight
From: Daily FX
- US Dollar Index Trickles Higher Ahead of the FOMC Meeting.
- IMF Upgrade Global Growth Forecast, UK Lags Peers with -0.6% Contractions Predicted for 2023.
- Double-Top Pattern Hints at Downside Potential Which Could be Capped by the Risk Events Ahead.
- To Learn More About Price Action, Chart Patterns and Moving Averages, Check out the DailyFX Education Section.
GBP/USD: 29th January – 4th February
From: Daily Forex
Speculators endured volatility last week in the GBP/USD, and this may have been only a hint of the fast price action that is certain to be demonstrated in the coming days.
UK grocery price inflation surges to record 16.7% – Kantar
- Grocery inflation highest since Kantar started tracking data
- Milk, butter, cheese, eggs show fastest price rises
- Shoppers trading down to make savings
UK and EU reach post-Brexit customs deal for N.Ireland-The Times
LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) – Britain and the European Union have struck a customs deal that could help end post-Brexit wrangling over Northern Ireland, The Times newspaper said on Tuesday, and Brussels has also made a key concession on the European Court of Justice’s (ECJ) role.
FX Rates in January
Jan High: 1.1423
Jan Low: 1.1245
Jan End: 1.1389
Jan High: 1.2422
Jan Low: 1.1913
Jan End: 1.2350
Jan High: 1.0913
Jan Low: 1.0516
Jan End: 1.0841